I am a business owner in North Carolina.I was contacted by National Financial Advisors for the possiblility of them securing federal and private grants for my business.

Basically this company calls you and tells you that they will do a little research and will let you know if you would qualify for any grants to help you out. They require you to pay $9,000-$10,000 to do this. Only 1/3 of this is due up front. This comes out to be $2,850.

This is a non refundable amount. They send you a packet of information explaining what a great company they are. They tell you to look at their website and to look them up through the Better Business Bureau. What they don't tell you is they have two pages of complaints lodged against them with the Nevada Consumer Protection Bureau.

The person with the Consumer Protection Bureau couldn't tell me to much but she did say there were alot of complaint about the pre-paid financial amount and that the company didn't do any work for you.

She also said that National Financial Advisors were being investigated by the Consumer Protection Bureau.Stay away from these ***-artists.

Had an Experience with National Financial Advisors?

Comments

:( I was taken by these A$$HOLES as well.AND...

they are not alone; there is another company called "US Filing Systems" thar supposedly does the package if it is a single grant for over$100,000.00. They feed you a line of *** about needing to do a very large packet worth of work that also requires an additional $3300.00 to be able to process this type of grant. Un#$%&ing believable!!!

The unfortunate lesson from this is:

ANY GRANT WRITER SHOULD NEVER CHARGE ANY MONEY UNTILL AFTER FUNDS HAVE BEEN DISPERSED FROM THE INSTITUTION GIVING THE GRANT!!!If an upfront payment is asked for; take down ALL their information, say "I'll call you tomorrow ", hangups the phone, and IMMEDIATELY CALL THE POLICE.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :sigh :sigh :cry :cry nfa has taken me for 14000.00 they are not worth p-s-ing they are

I,too, was a victim of this company.They scammed me using the identical method.

They provided me with a lengthy application to fill out, requiring a lot of private information about my company, had another criminal contact me 6 months later from another criminal organization, stating that they had found a donor that had approved my company for $108,000 and for a fee of $5,800 dollars, he/they would "process" the grant" application for me which they said is VERY extensive and only a professional would be able to meet the criteria in the application process. Naturally, I asked this 2nd party person to send me their contract for services and immediately saw that there's no guarantee that the services they would be rendering would get me the grant money.

I told him to stick it where the sun don't shine, never heard from him or NFA again until

this past week when they called and told me they found another grantor.DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!F#*^@ SCAMMER!